In Update 3.2 shift between light and shadow forms with the new spellcaster, Malene, use munions to deal bursts of massive damage with Petal’s reworked Ultimate ability and get your hands on three brand-new skins. Read on for more details…
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Malene is a backline spellcaster who can immediately use her form-swapping ultimate ability, Enchanted Transformation, at level 1. Toggle Enchanted Transformation to swap between her light and shadow forms and use abilities in quick succession to deal massive crystal damage to enemy heroes.
Malene is unlockable with ICE only for the first seven days. After the first seven days, you’ll be able to unlock her with ICE or Glory.
Malene’s ultimate is available at level 1 and allows her to switch between Light Form and Shadow Form. Additionally, Malene’s basic attacks deal crystal damage.
For a short duration after switching forms, Malene’s next basic attack is empowered.
LIGHT RIBBONS (LIGHT FORM)
Malene sends ribbons of light in a chosen direction, damaging and immobilizing the first enemy hit.
SHADOW TENDRILS (SHADOW FORM)
Malene unleashes three shadow tendrils in a chosen direction, dealing crystal damage to all enemies along their path.
Each tendril deals its own instance of damage; deals less damage to minions.
ROYAL AMNESTY (LIGHT FORM)
Malene imbues herself with light, granting herself a barrier and movement speed for boost.
WICKED ESCAPADE (SHADOW FORM)
Malene becomes invulnerable and untargetable for for a short time, slowing enemies she passes through and leaving behind a pit of shadow. Enemies inside the pit are dealt damage when Malene reappears.
Malene switches between Light Form and Shadow Form, swapping abilities and gaining an empowerment on her next basic attack. The empowerment gained is dependent on the form she switches into.
Shadow Empowerment: deals bonus damage
Light Empowerment: slows target
Wicked Escapade (Shadow B) will also deal damage where Malene appears.
Shadow Tendrils (Shadow A) will also fear enemies.
Royal Amnesty (Light B) will also apply to nearby allies and deal damage around shielded targets upon expiration.
“This rework to Petal’s Ultimate ability will give players greater control; whether they wish to deal damage, heal an ally or, with good skill placement, both.” — Nivmett
- Activating Spontaneous Combustion now sends the nearest Munion dashing towards the targeted location, exploding after 1.2 seconds
- Heal Crystal Ratio
‘Tea Party’ Petal is hosting the most exclusive party since the Dark Parade – just make sure to obey her rules!
- Queenly red and gold dress with heart detail
- Gold and red crown with heart-tipped antenna
- Gold scepter topped with a heart-shaped ruby
- Brambleboom seeds are now white roses that have been painted red!
- Playing card munions with chomping heart faces and Vainglory logo backs
- Bouncing, flowery, pink and gold tea cup Murgle vehicle
EFFECTS & ANIMATION CHANGES
- All new suite of animations!
- In brush, teacup rolls to the edge of its saucer for safe peeking
- Jumps and attacks with pink sparkly sunlight from scepter
- Munion cards run, spin & chomp, and float to their deaths
- Cards Spontaneously Combust with an explosion of red rose petals
- Bouncy teacup run with royal battle charge sprint!
- Leaps, spins & holds scepter aloft while recalling
- Scratches under her crown with her scepter
Read on to discover the legend of ‘Samurai’ Krul, the brave savior of the Walled City!
MODEL & EFFECTS CHANGES
- Katana blade
- Purple and gold samurai armor
- Gold-horned helmet with maedate crests & iron plate neck guards
- Folding karuta tatami dou chest armor with kusazuri leather panels & kyahan protective leggings
- Uwa-obi sash
- Waraji sandals with armored kusari tabi socks
- New effects for Krul’s katana
Vainglory parties will never be the same. Terrify your opponents with the all-new rare Churnwalker skin: ‘Clownwalker!’
- Yellow clown costume with blue polka dots, green frills, suspender & zipper
- Spiky orange hair
- Red clown nose
- Creepy clown makeup with crazy, two-tone eyes & horrifying smile
- Big clown shoes with scary googly eyes
- Four savage fists spring out from the body, two holding hooked chains
Balance changes are now published as a separate article, which will be highlighted in the TODAY IN VAINGLORY popup and the NEWS section of the app.
- Vainglory 5V5: Tapping within terrain is far less likely to result in stopping in place
- Updated effects for Ghostwing and Orb Guardians
- Updated Vain Crystal explosion
- Tension Bow no longer procs on Scout Cams